Builder's note: The side coves were supposed to be pearl white. I painted the entire body pearl white, then masked the coves with blue painter's tape. After I airbrushed the body with Parma Faskolor Fasfluorescent Razberry*, I removed the masking tape. It shredded the white pearl. I removed the reamins of the white pearl using a Q-tip and alcohol. Not wanting to wreck what I still had (the Faskolor was kind of fragile) I just left the (acceptable) white coves, applied the BMF, and clear coated. Checking, I discovered that the masking tape I had used was NOT 3M, but some brand called Shurtape 14-day ShurRELEASE. Well, it "shur" didn't release for me. Just a word of advise - it's okay to try and save money, but make sure to test things on something that doesn't matter before trusting it to work like the real thing. And if you've got multiple brands of stuff that look the same, check twice before using.
*This was an experiment. I saw this stuff on a hobby shop rack and liked the color. Since it was water-based, I gave it a try. It seems to go on a lot smoother than some of the other acrylics that I've used. I'll have to try more of it and see if it's repeatable. Unlike Auto Air, this stuff doesn't need thinning and works fine at 25 PSI straight from the bottle. (I made the mistake of thinning it for the first coat and had to clean up some drippage.)
Part of the FMW "Learn from the mistakes of others - you don't have time to make them all yourself" series.