Post by Mastercaster on Apr 1, 2018 5:47:35 GMT -8
In the top photo is the buck that Mike Schnur made for making the vacuum form window glass sets for this kit. The bottom photo are two copies I made from the resin I use. I thought adding the lettering was a good idea. I posted some time ago here about the tiny letters. I needed some for a project. The underside of clock radios around my house was a gold mine. I mixed a small amount of silicone and poured it over the letters. Once cured, it peeled away nicely. I might have sprayed some mold release on the surface first to try to insure success. I mixed and poured resin on the mold and squeegeed the excess away. I put the mold in the pressure pot and place a toilet plunger cup over it so that the air pressure entering the pot does not blow the resin out of the mold.
Here are the door mirrors in the started mold. Dwayne's scratch building ability is just amazing. I clayed these up like this. I sure hope they turn out OK.