Post by Mastercaster on Feb 12, 2018 21:25:02 GMT -8
I purchased one of those 1971 Franklin Mint Diecast Roadrunners. It seemed to me that when photos on Ebay were posted it looked like the Roadrunner in the grille was large but it is not. I put tape on both sides of it and used a little RTV to make a mold as Mike suggested. The first one failed. I cleaned the RTV up as best I could and then sprayed some mold release over the head and the area. This one was a winner. I made it pink to keep track of where the resin was flowing. There was a tiny amount of flash around it that was easy to cut away with an exacto knife. The next one will be gold. The middle pic is the best one, I think.